Anyways I wrote this thing like a month ago when I was bored driving in the car.. It's kind of dark-ish and not really well written, but I thought I'd post it anyways just cause.. So let me know if you think it's horrible and all that ahha..
I was walking down the stairs the other day, when I must have missed a step or something because I started falling. But I kept on falling.. and falling.. and falling.. I closed my eyes willing the sick feeling in my stomach to go away. When I opened my eyes I was in a corn field, the sun was beating down on me, scorching my shoulders and face. It was when I was looking for shade that I saw them. Two men, both very young, back to back. They took five steps away from each other and turned around. That was when I noticed what they were holding.. guns! I suddenly knew that they were going to kill each other, I tried to move forward, do something. But I couldn’t move, I was going to have to stand there and watch them die. They were pointing the guns at each other, in seconds both would be lying on the ground dead, I didn’t want to see this. All of a sudden, they turned and pointed their weapons at me. Now I was going to die.. Why had I wasted my life on school and wishing on airplanes? There was a ‘BANG’ and I was flying away. Is this what dying feels like? I wondered. Then, I was on top of a bridge, the wind was blowing so hard I had to hold on to the rails so I wouldn’t fly away. I looked over the edge, the view swimming below me. Suddenly, I felt cold, icy hands on my back. I was about to turn and say, ‘careful you might push me over the edge!’ when the mysterious someone flung me over the rails. As I was falling, I felt strangely calm. I looked to my right and saw the rainbows flirting with the clouds. I looked to the left and saw the moon serenading the sun. Still, I was falling. I looked down to see how long I had left and found myself face to teeth with a shark. Dried blood and fish guts. Ew? And then a tsunami of fear crashed right on top of me. I was going to die, I was really going to die. I brought my arms instinctively up to shield my face, I clenched my teeth and waited.. and waited.. and waited.. But I didn’t feel any pain. I took my arms away and opened my eyes. I was standing in the middle of a dark, cold street in London . I recognized the place, and realized I was close to home. Looking down, I noticed I was holding an umbrella. I looked up at the sky and that’s when I felt it, the rain. I love the smell of rain, so I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. But instead of the sweet, musty smell I was familiar to, a tangy, acrid smell hit my nose. Blood? It was raining blood. I opened the umbrella and ran. I ran past the cozy tea and cake shop. I ran past Sally Benson eating dinner with her family. And then I was home. I threw down the umbrella, and ran up the steps, twisting the door knob frantically. Somehow, I knew it was going to be locked before I got there. I cried out and screamed and banged against the door. But no one answered. Blood was running down my face, now. I didn’t want to be here. Then I was screaming at no one in particular. ‘I hate you, I hate you!’ I did not want to be here. I fell to the ground, sobbing. Get me out of here. And then I was sinking into the ground. Sinking. Sinking. Blackness. Dark.
Then I opened my eyes. I was lying on my bed. It had all been a dream. But I knew it had been more than that.
The End
I call it More Than a Dream.
don't really know what inspired it, but yyeah..
Erica Rachel
Erica Rachel
WOW that as......wow
ReplyDeleteWhat??
ReplyDelete